Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dinner is a Good Place to Start


photo



#reverb12 Day 3: What do you really wish for?

What do I really wish for?  Of course I want to be happy and secure and peaceful. I want to be joyful.  I want to be healthy. I want to share these feelings with the people I love. 

I want to take a hot air balloon ride.  I want to take a trip to Thailand, and one to Brazil.  I would like to buy a new car.  I want to learn how to paint and how to speak Arabic. I want to go to the beach and get in shape.

I want to spend as much time as possible with my son and quality time with my father, and also time with close friends and even sneak in some time for myself.

I want to eat well, and sleep well.

I feel like this question is asking me something deeper than all of these things; there are some things that I wish for that I know will never happen.  I wish I could have another day with my mother when she was healthy.  I wish I could go back in time, and make some different decisions in my life. I wish I had a few million dollars in the bank.  I wish I could take away other people’s pain.

I tend to spend time wishing for things that I could actually make happen.  I am not one for longing for the impossible for too long.  I suppose I should begin checking things off of this list.  I think I will start with dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment