Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Honor


photo


#reverb12: Your most important relationship?

Considering the idea that nothing lasts forever: what was the most important relationship that you fostered in 2012? 

How will you continue to nurture it in 2013?

Certainly nothing lasts forever.  I made a point of spending time with my mother in 2012, and I am glad that I did.  Although she was not well, and it wasn’t always fun or pleasant or cheerful or even interesting, I have to think that time spent sitting quietly at her side was meaningful.   There were a million questions I wanted to ask her: Did you have morning sickness?  How do I give a baby a bath? Are you scared?  I never asked any of them.  I smiled and talked about the weather, or nothing at all.

Although I can no longer nurture that relationship in 2013, I can honor it.  I can be joyful. I can be a good mom.  I can emotionally support the rest of my family. I can clean the house, listen to music, take walks and read good books.  I am sure that she will cheer me on.

1 comment: